EDGAR ARMENTA ESCORZA v. CONTRACT METAL PRODUCTS, INC.
Superior Court of The State of California, County of Alameda
Case No.: RG18912870
If you are a current or former hourly employee who worked for CONTRACT METAL PRODUCTS, INC. in the State of California from July 13, 2014 through April 30, 2018, a class action lawsuit may affect your rights and you may be entitled to a payment under this settlement.
You are not being sued. A court authorized the notice. This is not a solicitation from a lawyer.
PLEASE READ THE NOTICE CAREFULLY. IT CONTAINS IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR RIGHTS.
- This is a class action lawsuit that involves a class defined as "all persons who are employed or have been employed as an hourly employee by Contract Metal Products, Inc. in the State of California since July 13, 2014 through April 30, 2018".
- Plaintiff in this class action alleges that CONTRACT METAL PRODUCTS, INC., failed to provide meal periods, and failed to pay related penalties.
- CONTRACT METAL PRODUCTS, INC. denies Plaintiff’s claims, and asserts that it has complied with all of its legal obligations to its employees.
- There has been a settlement that affects your legal rights. Although the Court has authorized the Parties to provide the notice of the proposed settlement, the Court has expressed no opinion on the merits of Plaintiff’s claims or CONTRACT METAL PRODUCTS, INC.’s defenses.
- You have several options available to you:
|By doing nothing, you will receive a share of the settlement proceeds, and you will give up any rights to sue CONTRACT METAL PRODUCTS, INC. separately regarding all claims and causes of action of whatever kind or nature that are alleged, related to or that reasonably could have arisen out of the same facts alleged in this class action.
|ASK TO BE EXCLUDED (OPT OUT)
|Get out of this lawsuit. Get no benefits from the Settlement. Keep rights.
If you ask to be excluded, you will not receive a share of the settlement proceeds, but, you keep any rights you may have to sue CONTRACT METAL PRODUCTS, INC. separately about the same legal claims alleged in this lawsuit.
|Object to the terms of this Settlement.
Your options are explained in the notice.
To make a claim or object, you must act by June 10, 2021.